Times continue to be tough, and the need to those less fortunate continues to grow. Even a small donation can make a significant impact.
The need is real
- 1 in 6 Southern Nevada households struggle with hunger.
- More than 55% of children in the Clark County School District are enrolled in free and reduced-price meal programs.
Three Square is an efficient distribution hub
- $.93 of every dollar donated goes directly to feeding Southern Nevadans in need.
- Three Square distributed more than 24.9 million pounds of food and grocery product in 2011, the equivalent of 18 million meals
- We work with more than 600 Program Partners, including non-profit and faith-based organizations, schools and feeding sites.
- Through our Program Partners, we serve nearly 100,000 individuals monthly
- More than 45,000 of those individuals are children
- Approximately 16,000 of those individuals are seniors.
How Three Square helps the community
Working with bulk food providers, Feeding America and local retail grocery stores, Three Square sources and provides perishable and non-perishable food to more than 200 Agency Partners.
Forty-five percent of people served by Three Square’s Agency Partners are children. Three Square has developed several programs to make sure our community’s most vulnerable citizens get the food and nutrition they need.
"BackPack for Kids" Program
Three Square, in partnership with the Clark County School District, provides a bag of nutritious, kid-friendly, shelf-stable food to children who lack adequate food over the weekend.
Kids Cafe® Program
Three Square started Kids Cafe®, a program of Feeding America, to ensure that children without access to regular nutrition receive a nutritional meal after school in the late afternoon.
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
The Summer Food Service Program provides nutritious meals to children 18 or younger in low-income areas during the summer.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Outreach
Three Square is working with community partners to help people in need apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps. Nevada currently ranks among the lowest states in food assistance participation.
Senior Share Program
Our Senior Share Program provides food-insecure seniors living with chronic conditions healthy supplemental groceries including fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
A warm, friendly place for people to meet, volunteer and engage to be a part of the hunger solution.
Research and Advocacy
Three Square investigates how to better serve low-income residents of Southern Nevada by working with research teams and leaders at the city, county, state and federal level to build creative partnerships and strengthen the social safety net.
Please make a donation
Thanks to the generosity of our matching donors, your dollars will go twice as far.